NJLawman.com

Police and Law Enforcement News    

f   o   r   u   m   s

Home NJ Page Editorials The Column Jobs Training Roll Call Blog Top Cops Promotional Exam LODD

Newest message board threads:

Title Author Date

Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

danpba152

Reply with quote  #1 

Can anyone help me on this issue, when an Officer Retires does he get an ID card from his/her Dept that states they are Retired or does the Dept they worked for have the right not to issue that Retired Officer an ID card. I thought when you Retire you get an ID card like the one we had when we worked that just states Retired. Any help woul dbe great.

Reserve58

Reply with quote  #2 

I know in our Dept. They issue the same id card only across the entire card in faded red letters it says retired on it. 

santa1

Reply with quote  #3 

MOST DEPARTMENTS WILL EVEN GIVE YOU A BADGE THAT SAYS REIRED ACCROSS IT WITH AN ID IN A CUSTOME HOLDER.

danpba152

Reply with quote  #4 

That's what i thought, but my old Dept said they won't give out Retired ID cards. They suck

StuckOnMids

Reply with quote  #5 

Santa..."Most Departments..."??????  Where is this magical place where guys are treated well?

Are you for real.  Most agencies in Essex County give guys one badge and an ID card with no holder, or wallet badge.  We get one used badge for our uniforms, non for the coat.  You wear a coat, you switch you badge.

When our guys retire, they get forgotton about, and become one of those names mentioned in the hallway.

goldshield

Reply with quote  #6 

it is strictly the departments policy.  some departments use generic badges that simply say police officer with the town and state on it.  some have the town seal with a badge number.  Most departments give every officer two uniform badges, one for the shirt, one for the jacket, and one flat badge for a wallet, but you provide your own wallet and have to request it through the chief.  Thats our policy anyway, and the chief never denies that.  When you retire, they usually take back your badge and id and they do not have to give you anything else.  Our department issues you an id card that has big red letters saying retired, and a badge, its the same badge but they change one of the lines to say "retired."   Something you guys may want to think about is having the "hall of fame" in your locker room or break / training room.  For every officer that retires there is a 5x7 on the wall of the officer with a rookie picture and a retirement picture with years served and badge number.  Its look pretty good and is kind of a morale thing to see that you will forever be remembered on the wall. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Search Forum / NJLawman.com Website

NJLawman.com

Police and Law Enforcement News    

f   o   r   u   m   s

Home NJ Page Editorials The Column Jobs Training Roll Call Blog Top Cops Promotional Exam LODD