NJLawman.com

Police and Law Enforcement News    

f   o   r   u   m   s

Home NJ Page Editorials The Column Jobs Training Roll Call Blog Top Cops Promotional Exam LODD

Newest message board threads:

Title Author Date

Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

Stan_Switek

Reply with quote  #1 

Question for any of the NJ DoD/DA/ etc guys.... Is NWS Earle finally going to have civilian police officers? I just happened to noticed my name pulled from a cert with the NWS Earle location number.

NJclipboard

Reply with quote  #2 

I would like to work for Earle just to be able to hunt those woods. Some big bucks lerking in that area

DOD9092

Reply with quote  #3 

Plan is to go civilian police force starting October 2011.  They have been looking to hire one or two civilians in the next couple of months for vehicle inspections.

njpo818

Reply with quote  #4 

Earle has had a civilian security force for years

HappyD

Reply with quote  #5 

They have had a contract security company for years along with Navy MAs, there has been talk of them hiring 0083 Police Officers at that location  to , they have not had any in the past.

Stan_Switek

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOD9092

Plan is to go civilian police force starting October 2011.  They have been looking to hire one or two civilians in the next couple of months for vehicle inspections.

DoD9092/HappyD.. It is a GS-07 spot, but is it apart of the navy's ISC3 contract?  Iam assuming that navy is now hiring for the vehicle inspector or supervisory spots...
DOD9092

Reply with quote  #7 

Yes the spots are for GS-07 0083 under the Lockheed contract.

Stan_Switek

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOD9092

Yes the spots are for GS-07 0083 under the Lockheed contract.

Saweet. I guess I will find out next if they call.
montypython

Reply with quote  #9 

Anyone get any further info on earle navy base possibly going with civilian police? Sounds like it could be a good opportunity to get in with a new PD at the beginning.

Retiredat40

Reply with quote  #10 
New news.......they will be hiring up to 30 0083 officers within the next year. The word is they will be hiring up to 30 0083 DOD Police Officers. Things have changed fast over the past year, Lockheed lost the contract and laid off 9 of the 12 contractors. The others were kept on as 0086's all either GS5 or WG5. The new hires will all be GS4-5 starts and the list from Ft Monmouth employees who were laid off after the base closure will be hired first. Then only military vets will be considered. All, no matter what experience or past work will have to attend a 10 week police academy in Norfolk, VA.

Times are tough and jobs are scarce....Good luck to all.

Watch for postings on USAJobs.gov

"They may find my body in a ditch someday, but By God it will be on top of a s***load of brass"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Search Forum / NJLawman.com Website

NJLawman.com

Police and Law Enforcement News    

f   o   r   u   m   s

Home NJ Page Editorials The Column Jobs Training Roll Call Blog Top Cops Promotional Exam LODD