NJLawman.com

Police and Law Enforcement News    

f   o   r   u   m   s

Home NJ Page Editorials The Column Jobs Training Roll Call Blog Top Cops Promotional Exam LODD

Newest message board threads:

Title Author Date

Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

JumpOutBoy

Reply with quote  #1 
Class II police officers
Atlantic City has put out notice that it will hire 25 Special Law Enforcement Officers. The applicants will be subjected to background investigations and pre-employment physicals. The job is open to Atlantic City and Atlantic County residents.
It is anticipated the new officers will be working 40 hours per week at an hourly wage of $15, which is subject to change. Once selected, the 25 will attend the Cape May County Police Academy from April to June. At the conclusion of training, they will be assigned to Atlantic City's Tourism District.
duderanch

Reply with quote  #2 
This is a new trend your gonna see in alot of places soon.....No salaries or full benefits...
stormz8

Reply with quote  #3 
The shore communities have always hired SLEO II for the summer.  Nothing new.  
JumpOutBoy

Reply with quote  #4 
I do have a question about Class 2 officers. If a person is hired Class 2 at a Civil Service Town like AC does that person have preference over a person that is actually is waiting to get hired fulltime and took the last CSC exam. Putting it short, can a Class 2 be hired BACKDOOR style when a veteran or someone who scored real high is waiting to be hired fulltime??? Could that person be skipped over for a Class 2?? And if it happens what could be done??
santa1

Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOutBoy
I do have a question about Class 2 officers. If a person is hired Class 2 at a Civil Service Town like AC does that person have preference over a person that is actually is waiting to get hired fulltime and took the last CSC exam. Putting it short, can a Class 2 be hired BACKDOOR style when a veteran or someone who scored real high is waiting to be hired fulltime??? Could that person be skipped over for a Class 2?? And if it happens what could be done??

No

cnie122485

Reply with quote  #6 
So these Class II's will be put through for Full Cert?  Interesting.  I know Absecon had done this with 3 class II's.
JumpOutBoy

Reply with quote  #7 
No they are not going to be full cert. They are going to CMPA for class 2s. I just asked that question because years ago ACPD use to hire "Police Aides" back door style and I was making sure that couldn't happen with these new class 2 officers. Talks of hiring 30 in Feb. and I scored pretty well as a vet and want to make sure I don't get screwed.
XMM

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOutBoy
No they are not going to be full cert. They are going to CMPA for class 2s. I just asked that question because years ago ACPD use to hire "Police Aides" back door style and I was making sure that couldn't happen with these new class 2 officers. Talks of hiring 30 in Feb. and I scored pretty well as a vet and want to make sure I don't get screwed.

As long as your background is clear and you don't fail the Psych, assuming that you're not vet #31 out of 30 openings... If they're hiring 30, you should be golden.
cnie122485

Reply with quote  #9 
Oh ok so I wonder if they will hire already class 2 certss. I don't know about 40 hours either because that will be full time I used to work in a regular town not shore town and they always made my schedule about 37-39 hours since I was class 2 no ben
JumpOutBoy

Reply with quote  #10 
I know they will look at AC residents first, then Atlantic County residents. But it would probably be a bonus to have a Class 2 cert. I would apply for the Class 2 job if I wasn't already on the job because its a step in the door. Just waiting to get hired full-time and hoping for a lateral. Been living in the city LEGITIMATELY since 08 and finally see the light, but a lot still needs to happen. 58 retirements coming and the department will be well under the PBA/City agreement of 300+ officers. Thats what the Feb hiring time frame discussions are passed on. More importantly I hope NJSP don't come in and take over the city because then who knows what will happen. I'll probably end up waiting another 4 years.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Search Forum / NJLawman.com Website

NJLawman.com

Police and Law Enforcement News    

f   o   r   u   m   s

Home NJ Page Editorials The Column Jobs Training Roll Call Blog Top Cops Promotional Exam LODD