NJLawman.com

Police and Law Enforcement News    

f   o   r   u   m   s

Home NJ Page Editorials The Column Jobs Training Roll Call Blog Top Cops Promotional Exam LODD

Newest message board threads:

Title Author Date

Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

MsFiveO

Reply with quote  #11 
O ok where is your class being held at? Im at the class right now day two ( last day ) at the Days Hotel in East Brunswick. They will give you the binder to study definetly helpful [smile] this is my first time taking the LEEE also very nervous. Did you checkoff all the boxes? & thank you !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksilver5882
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFiveO
Never heard of it. Every LEO I came across recommended Bernstein. I heard Holtz is good and way cheaper. He use to work w Bernstein. But hopefully when exam day comes we will see how great my $545 paid off huh

I'm taking Bernstein next weekend. I hope it pays off as well. It looks like Bernstein has made you more confident with what will be tested! This is my first time taking the LEE as well. Good luck!!
Quiksilver5882

Reply with quote  #12 
MsFiveO, my class is being held in Secaucus at the Empire Meadowlands Hotel.  It's a drive for me (I live near AC).  My fault though because I should have taken the October 5 & 6 class at Tropicana.  I took a gamble that my exam would be after the 9 & 10 class in AC, but I was wrong and my exam is the 9th.  

As for box checking, I believe I did everything except for DOC.  I also went in for Parole.  Parole is my first choice.  
njpoliceguy8

Reply with quote  #13 
Decided on Holtz in November.. Was cheaper and closer to home. Good luck to all taking Bernstein and for everyone else on their first civil service exam!
MsFiveO

Reply with quote  #14 
O wow Nov 9th ? Thats real close ! I hope youve been studying even without the help of prep classes ! My exam is 10-21. Good luck to you !! Parole is good. Ive always been strictly a Police girl so either sheriff county or municipal for me. Def not into Corrections though its a good stepping stone. My first choice is municipal....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksilver5882
MsFiveO, my class is being held in Secaucus at the Empire Meadowlands Hotel.  It's a drive for me (I live near AC).  My fault though because I should have taken the October 5 & 6 class at Tropicana.  I took a gamble that my exam would be after the 9 & 10 class in AC, but I was wrong and my exam is the 9th.  

As for box checking, I believe I did everything except for DOC.  I also went in for Parole.  Parole is my first choice.  
MsFiveO

Reply with quote  #15 
Thank u and best of luck to u too !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njpoliceguy8
Decided on Holtz in November.. Was cheaper and closer to home. Good luck to all taking Bernstein and for everyone else on their first civil service exam!
emtb131

Reply with quote  #16 
To anyone who has taken a current Holtz or Bernstein class... Are they still saying to answer questions as "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" or are they saying answer with the in between stuff like somewhat agree/ disagree? I haven't taken the test in a while and i'm not in a civil service town so it never came up since the last time I took the test but at that point they didn't want grey areas if i remember correctly. Taking the test to see if I can get some movement in my career in a different dept. Any input greatly appreciated! 
MsFiveO

Reply with quote  #17 
Hi there i took the Bernstein class just recently and in this edition your choices are.... STRONGLY DISAGREE, DISAGREE, UNSURE, AGREE, STRONGLY AGREE.....do not ever pick unsure because you get zero points.....and in this civil service edition they are testing in 3 areas....BIODATA worth approx. 30% of your grade 96 questions, WORKSTYLE/ PERSONALITY QUESTIONAIRE which consists of 102 questions & worth 50% of your grade, THEN THERE IS THE COGNITIVE SECTION WHICH IS MADE UP OF SIX CATEGORIES WHICH ARE: INFORMATION ORDERING, INDUCTIVE REASONING, DEDUCTIVE REASONING, PROBLEM SENSITIVITY, WRITTEN COMPREHENSION, & WRITTEN EXPRESSION total of 48 questions 8 possible questions per section & this section is worth approximately 20 % of your grade, .....it is a 3 part written entry exam that measures your thinking skills, motivation, & personal workstyles. Entire test is 3 hours 20 minutes long. Edition is EB Jacobs for this years test. All this info is from my class notes and study binder. Hope this helps.....good luck.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtb131
To anyone who has taken a current Holtz or Bernstein class... Are they still saying to answer questions as "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" or are they saying answer with the in between stuff like somewhat agree/ disagree? I haven't taken the test in a while and i'm not in a civil service town so it never came up since the last time I took the test but at that point they didn't want grey areas if i remember correctly. Taking the test to see if I can get some movement in my career in a different dept. Any input greatly appreciated! 
AFMike820

Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Hi there i took the Bernstein class just recently and in this edition your choices are.... STRONGLY DISAGREE, DISAGREE, UNSURE, AGREE, STRONGLY AGREE.....do not ever pick unsure because you get zero points.....and in this civil service edition they are testing in 3 areas....BIODATA worth approx. 30% of your grade 96 questions, WORKSTYLE/ PERSONALITY QUESTIONAIRE which consists of 102 questions & worth 50% of your grade, THEN THERE IS THE COGNITIVE SECTION WHICH IS MADE UP OF SIX CATEGORIES WHICH ARE: INFORMATION ORDERING, INDUCTIVE REASONING, DEDUCTIVE REASONING, PROBLEM SENSITIVITY, WRITTEN COMPREHENSION, & WRITTEN EXPRESSION total of 48 questions 8 possible questions per section & this section is worth approximately 20 % of your grade, .....it is a 3 part written entry exam that measures your thinking skills, motivation, & personal workstyles. Entire test is 3 hours 20 minutes long. Edition is EB Jacobs for this years test. All this info is from my class notes and study binder. Hope this helps.....good luck.....
Quote:

What does all this mean? or do you need to take the class to understand this? Unfortunately I am stationed in GA and I can't get up to take the class.
AFMike820

Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFMike820
Quote:
Quote:

What does all this mean? or do you need to take the class to understand this? Unfortunately I am stationed in GA and I can't get up to take the class.

Let me clarify my question. Does this mean most of the test (80%) will be all personality/bio type questions and only 20% will be dedicated to written comprehension and the standard things? That is shocking. I figured it would be mostly like a standardized test with math, reading, etc.
Legion

Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFMike820
Let me clarify my question. Does this mean most of the test (80%) will be all personality/bio type questions and only 20% will be dedicated to written comprehension and the standard things? That is shocking. I figured it would be mostly like a standardized test with math, reading, etc.

Clearly Miss Five whatever doesn't take her non-disclosure agreement seriously. To answer your question, its not necessarily 80-20 in terms of questions. The sections are weighted differently. The "standard" test questions you're expecting and saw on tests like IO Solutions or PAPD are only worth 20% of your total score although there 48 questions. The other 200 or so questions are the psych type questions which you can bang out at a rate of about 3-4 per minute. If you took the NYSP exam it's the EXACT same thing. Too late now for the prep courses this time around but I believe the state put out a study guide, if not PM me and I can e-mail you the one from the NYSP.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Search Forum / NJLawman.com Website

NJLawman.com

Police and Law Enforcement News    

f   o   r   u   m   s

Home NJ Page Editorials The Column Jobs Training Roll Call Blog Top Cops Promotional Exam LODD